July might well be filled with fireworks, campfires, and road trips, but for many executives July 1 brings the start of your new financial year, or the start of H2.
Here’s six ways to make sure July sets off your success for the rest of the year:
Be Thoughtfully Ruthless with your teams Time:
1. Get your team to individually evaluate if they are focusing in the right spot. You can download the Thoughtfully Ruthless Executive Assessment for them here and work through their results with them.2. Delete all reoccurring meetings and start from scratch to design what meetings are needed with minimum people to hit specific goals.
Check the collective energy of your organization:
3. Consider when you last had all of your team in one room together. When I worked with Lance Ralls, the CIO of Belkin to bring his global team together to find new ways to innovate, he immediately gained new ideas that impacted revenue and significant customer service improvements.
4. Ask your team how you can remove what’s zapping their energy and increase what boosts their energy. You will unlock new capacity in your teams.
Test if you are truly Thoughtful Ruthless with your Resources:
5. Ask the managers in your organization if they have their best people on your top priorities.
6. Take the Tolerating Mediocrity Test and set goals for your managers to eradicate mediocrity in their teams.
Now you can get back to your BBQs and vacations knowing your teams are driving the greatest impact for your customers, shareholders, and investors.
Dedicated to growing your business,
P.S. I hope you enjoyed this week's VAL-uable Insights, sign up here to get them in your inbox each Monday morning: http://valwrightconsulting.com/newsletter-sign-up/